Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Preparation meets Opportunity:



Preparation meets Opportunity:
See, I don't believe in LUCK. Luck isn't just about being at the right place at the right time, but also about being open to and ready for new opportunities. Too many times, in the past, I chalked things up to "LUCK" where it was really God using preparation when it met opportunity. Ecclesiastes 9:11 (ESV) say's: "Again I saw that under the sun the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor bread to the wise, nor riches to the intelligent, nor favor to those with knowledge, but time and chance happen to them all." meaning that you don't have to be rich, fast, or wise for preparation to meet opportunity. As I think back, I remember a time when Savannah and I were headed away from Virginia for the LAST time. I was on interstate 81 doing 75 mph, southbound, coming up on a tractor-trailer. I was in the "hammer" lane getting ready to pass the big truck when a flash of red caught my eye from under the trailer. The flash of red was a red car speeding up the on-ramp. Something said that the car isn't going to make it, you need to give the truck room; so I backed off the accelerator. At that moment the car slammed into the front fender of the big rig sending into a spiral across the front bumper of the truck and into my lane. Now, you talk about "Jesus take the wheel" he had it that day! See, the spun around in front of us (mind you, this is at 75 mph), and we could literally SEE the fear of both the passenger and driver in that car; we were that close. The car spun around my car much like you would see a gear move through another gear, but without touching. At the time, I chalked that up to luck, but now, as I reflect - God gave us the opportunity to get out of a bad situation, and he was prepared to see it to the end. So, the next time someone needs a quarter, and you happen to have a quarter, think maybe........ God has you prepared to meet an opportunity. -KV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be reviewed, and allowed. Unless you are my psychotic, lying, sociopath ex-wife; then NO, your comment will not be posted.