Thursday, August 16, 2018

Faith in Gods Time

As believers, we have heard these (NLT); “2 Corinthians 5:17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!” or “Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.” We all know, or should know, being a Christian does not mean prosperity, perfect health, or nights without rest, peace without pain, or triumphs without tribulation. We know this, we have heard this preached behind the pulpit, we may have even seen it on TV, or watched it on Youtube. But do we truly understand it? Do we believe and live it? See, satan worms his way in through these openings, and these trials. Satan nudges us when we least expect it. We can easily return to doing the old behaviors, seeking the old desires, or acting in the old ways; that is what satan wants, he thrives on it. He wants to rip us from the inside out, stripping us of our FAITH, robbing us of our REDEMPTION, and killing our HOPE. Satan depends on us to give in, give up, and go away from Christ. See, I rededicated my life at the altar, I was Baptized in the Church, but God SAVED ME on a bed in Southeast Missouri Hospital. So, I have to remember that he took me to the brink of death to save me, he broke me to fix me, and he showed me the END so that I could BEGIN AGAIN. Yes, I too have my trials – and sometimes I can see myself slip, and I have to be reminded (usually through a talk with God through prayer, or reading scripture) that temptations are a normal part of my walk with Christ; it’s how we react to these temptations that can separate you and I from Gods path.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be reviewed, and allowed. Unless you are my psychotic, lying, sociopath ex-wife; then NO, your comment will not be posted.