Tuesday, August 21, 2018

My attempt at Poetry

My attempt at Poetry: KV - Be kind 😊

My Time Had Come

The time had come for my life to pass
I'd given in to the broken glass
Shattered dreams were what I had
It was an end to all that's bad

I sat above that golden trigger
I knew quite well what it'd deliver
Mom and Dad were not my care
My family loved but I'd not dare

It's not for them, it's just my time,
Please dear God, change my mind
And then a voice spoke in my ear
"You called my name, and now I'm here"

It Said:
"My son, it's not your choice, it's not your time"
"Put down your gun, you've heard my voice, for you are mine"
"The chains are tight, or so they seem"
"But I'm the one who can redeem"
"Put down your gun, and raise your sword"
"We'll fight this fight, for I am Lord"
"You'll go home, but not tonight"
"for I have come to fight this fight"

But Dear Lord, do I deserve?
I believe in you but have not served
I tried my best, but still I caved
He replied "But now my son,"
"YOU ARE SAVED!"

-Kenny Verble

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be reviewed, and allowed. Unless you are my psychotic, lying, sociopath ex-wife; then NO, your comment will not be posted.