Thursday, August 16, 2018

First Anniversary

On November 28, 2016 I met an amazing woman who would end up standing beside me, loving me, and giving me a reason to become the best man, friend, and father I could be. On January 26, 2017 I asked this woman to become my bride, and allow me to spend the rest of my life pining for her, chasing her, loving her, and trying to make her the happiest woman on the earth; and she said yes. On July 22, 2017 we would exchange vows written by my little sister for us: “Kenneth and Melody have found one another on the broken road of life. Together, they complete each other.” And so we do. It was by God’s Grace that I met this woman at a time in my life I had all but given up on everything, including myself. She picked me up, dusted me off, and decided there was enough left over, from the pieces, she could save me and her at the same time. We fuss, we fight, we even give each other dirty looks from time to time; but at the end of the day, we still love each other. She keeps me pointed in the right direction, always encouraging me to be better than I was the day before, and I try to do the same for her. “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.” (1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NLT) Happy Anniversary Melody Verble, I love you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be reviewed, and allowed. Unless you are my psychotic, lying, sociopath ex-wife; then NO, your comment will not be posted.