Thursday, August 16, 2018

Pay it Forward

Paying Kindness Forward, Leading by Example, and showing Humility: Today around lunch time Savannah and I pulled into the Burger King parking lot in time to see an elderly man and his wife making their way (struggling) into the restaurant. He was using a walker, and very independently so, inching his way to the entrance - with much trouble. His wife was helping the best she could, and Savannah jumped and helped with the door. Once in, he made his way towards the men's room. Having my daughter with me, I did not feel comfortable leaving her alone in the restaurant while I assisted him; but there was no need. The young man behind me, obviously on his lunch break, not only helped him into the restroom, the young man stayed with him the entire time while his friend went ahead and ordered. I was so moved by the moment of people working together to assist one of our elders, I (without them knowing) paid for the boy's lunch. This also gave me the opportunity to teach my daughter how one single act of kindness can set off a chain of events that is truly good in Gods eyes. Philippians 2 (NKJV) "Unity Through Humility Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be reviewed, and allowed. Unless you are my psychotic, lying, sociopath ex-wife; then NO, your comment will not be posted.