Wednesday, August 22, 2018

parable of the Flood

A man gets caught by a flood and climbs to the roof and prays to God to deliver him, just then a boat comes by with rescuers in it offering help, and the man refuses stating "God will deliver him from the rooftop." The boat leaves, water rises, and the man climbs higher. Another boat arrives and offers him help, and the man refuses stating "No, God will deliver me from the rooftop." The boat leaves, the water rises higher, and the man climbs to the highest point of the roof. Yet another boat comes by and offers help, and the man refuses stating "No, God will deliver me." The water rises and sweeps the man away, killing him. He arrives in Heaven and asks God, "God, I prayed that you would deliver me, why did you allow me to drown?" And God replied, "I sent you 3 boats, and you refused to get in the boat 3 times." Moral of the story: Don't deny God's hand, his calling, or his help when he uses others to deliver his message ("parable of the Flood, unknown author). #Bereceptive -KV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be reviewed, and allowed. Unless you are my psychotic, lying, sociopath ex-wife; then NO, your comment will not be posted.