Thursday, August 16, 2018

Job Opening

I went to church with my parents Sunday, and it was a very blessed day. We learned how God used imperfect people to accomplish extraordinary things. We took a brief tour of Abraham, Isaac, and Joseph’s life, and saw how they had sinned, how they struggled, but also how they continued to have faith. I had to chuckle a little at the fact that God used imperfect people to make such accomplishments, because I must be in for a HUGE blessing, LOL! See, a lot of times people view themselves as being better because they are a Christian, and the truth is being a Christian means you are striving to be better, you are walking in FAITH, and using your FAITH to bring others closer to God. It’s not “I got saved, I got baptized, now I’m good.” Christianity doesn’t work like that. It’s more like, “I was rescued by God, I professed my faith through Baptism, and now I surrender my life to serve as God sees he sees fit; I am born again, all is new.” See, with Christianity does not come comfort, times don’t get easier, and challenges don’t disappear; they grow….. I remember a time, still a Christian mind you, I prayed every night that God would spare me the pain of living, and deliver me from this life I was assuredly messing up. He did not answer that prayer. Now, I pray that God will continue to mold me into the man I am supposed to be, the man he wants me to be, and guide my words so they reach the ears they are intended for. I am gracious every single day that God did not answer my prayer, I am glad He is able to use the imperfect people to do extraordinary things (I fit right in), and it makes my heart smile to see God working in others. So, if you’re not perfect, if you don’t have your life together, if everything seems to be falling apart, God has a job opening with your name on it, a walk of FAITH, all you have to do is claim it. –KV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be reviewed, and allowed. Unless you are my psychotic, lying, sociopath ex-wife; then NO, your comment will not be posted.